Breakups are inevitably painful, this cannot be denied. Here are 5 things that can help you heal and evolve into a better version of yourself.
1. Remember that you are not alone how you are feeling. Breakups can cause changes both physiologically and neurologically and it is expected that you won’t be feeling yourself right now.
2. Unfollow your ex. Stop watching what they are doing. Stop keeping an rye on their activity. Do whatever it takes to avoid stalking your ex. Gove your phone to a friend for a few hours if the temptation is too much at certain times!
3. Leave the house. Whether it’s for a mindful walk or a frustrated run. Whether it’s to meet a friend who’s shoulder you can cry on. Do something outside the house. Try to force normality back into your life.
4. Balance your thinking. You are probably blaming yourself and thinking about all the things you could have done differently. Balance your thoughts with things they did that made you unhappy too. Nobody is perfect and certainly not your ex. It takes two to make a relationship work so they would have had their own flaws.
5. Talk to a professional. We are on hand to get you through this breakup! Talk to a relationship expert by booking your first free chat here.