How do I get over my ex? The question I get asked a number of times on a daily basis. It takes a bit of work and a bit of guidance and support but here are some tips to get you started.
1) cry it out. If you feel like you want to cry, do it! Sitting with your feelings and letting them be what they are is a massive part of the healing process.
2) talk it out. You need to talk about the thoughts and feelings you are having. Yes, your friends may be sick of hearing the same things over and over again- speak to breakup-help! Telephone sessions with us can help you get to a much better place after the breakup!
3) say yes. To almost everything you get asked to do or invited to. You need reminding that you can do things without your ex. It will be difficult to find the strength to say yes but once you do it will be incredibly helpful.
4) remember who you are. Rebuild your relationship with yourself. What did you enjoy doing that you stopped doing during your relationship? What plans and goals did you have for yourself?
5) be patient with yourself. It won’t happen overnight! However if you do all the things necessary as mentioned above and as guided by us, you will be well on your way to acceptance and happiness without your ex.