How to really get over your ex. It’s one of the hardest things we go through as human beings. It feels like you will never be happy again without them. It feels like you will never stop thinking about them and feeling sad. There are ways to help yourself get over a breakup, it takes strength and the ability to reach out for guidance.
Here are my top 5 tips to get over your ex:
1) Have a social media detox. Delete all the couple posts you have up and then delete the apps or deactivate them for a while. Doesn’t have to be forever but definitely until you are feeling more yourself.
2) Get rid of all signs of your ex. You are going to want to keep all photos and memoirs because you will have an unrealistic hope of fixing things or getting back together. The sooner you get rid of those photos and memories the better it will be for you. If you don’t have it in you to bin them, give them to a friend or sibling/family member to keep hold of until you are ready to get rid of it permanently.
3) Don’t contact them. Yes, you are going to want answers beyond what is possible to know. Reaching out to them will only delay the hurt. Make plans with friends instead and text your friends instead of you ex.
4) start dating again. This does not mean I condone a rebound! But allowing yourself to get noticed by others and meeting new people will remind you that your ex is not the only man in the world! This will also rebuild your confidence which will have been low after the breakup.
5) Talk about what has happened. Reach out for support and guidance to get over your ex. You need to be honest about your experience and your feelings and find ways to manage those better.
Are you going through a breakup? Book your first FREE chat here.