What to do after a breakup. . . . If you are going through a breakup, it’s normal to feel a range of emotions such as sadness, regret, anger and anxiety. You will not feel this way forever although you feel like you will. Here are some tips to help you along the process.
1) Talk to someone who can help you! Yes you should lean on your friends but sometimes you will feel like you are bringing the mood down or repeating yourself to them and they just don’t know what to do or say to help. speak to someone (like breakup-help) who won’t get tired of hearing how you feel and can give you genuine advice to help you move on.
2) allow yourself to feel sad. You may need to wallow in this for a few days- that’s ok! You are grieving a loss, the overwhelming sadness will pass but first let it exist.
3) get rid of memories or of any opportunity for you to check on them or any chance to stalk them on social media! you need to now focus on yourself. If this was going to work with them, it would have worked at the time. It is not on you to fix the entire relationship if they are not willingly reaching out to you.
4) find goals of your own and aim for those. Speak with long lost friends, reinvent yourself. Do the things you always wanted to do even if it’s just as a distraction to begin with.
5) don’t contact them especially if they were the ones to breakup with you. The ball is basically in their court and begging them probably won’t change things.