Mindful living is all to do with focusing on the current moment whatever you happen to be doing at the time. Ultimately it is about focusing on the ‘now’ and the living in the present time.
Sometimes we can get so caught up in focusing on our goals and thinking about our future plans or even in looking back at mistakes made or our regrets that we may have. So I’ve put together some quick tips to help you practice mindful living in your daily life:
1) meditation- focus on your breathing. breathe in and then connect with this feeling. Then pause and breathe out. Try not to focus on any thoughts that may pop into you head and focus back on your breathing.
2) use your senses more. Practice mindful eating- be more aware of the taste of food and try not to eat on autopilot. When you next shower- notice the smell of the shower gel or soap. Next time it rains- focus on the sound of it pattering on the window. Focus on these things more!
3) start your day with an affirmation. Think of a relevant positive sentence that you will say to yourself when you wake up in the morning.
4) look inward. The relationship you have with yourself is the most important. Be mindful of who you are and of your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Be kind to yourself and work on growing to be the best version of yourself.
5) make your home feel balanced and safe. Keep things clean, tidy and organised to make it relaxing and comfortable. This will in turn help to clear your mind of clutter and help you feel more balanced.
Book your free 20 minute telephone session with our specialist relationship breakup coach here and find peace after a breakup.