Why do I miss my ex so much? A question I am asked very often by clients. You aren’t just missing that person, you are missing who you were while you were with them, who you were as a couple. You are feeling a loss because you put so much into your relationship and now it’s over.
How do I stop missing them?
How do I stop missing them? This is another question I often get. Here are my top 5 tips for how to do this.
1) try not to play the blame game. Whether that’s you blaming them, yourself, the situation this is just going to keep you in the cycle of missing them. Stop entertaining those thoughts about what you should have or could have done differently.
2) get rid of all reminders. You won’t want to do this at first because you will still have hope that you will make things better and get back together. Whether that’s getting rid of the photos of you both, buying new bedding, replacing the purse they bought you. These things are all necessary to stop you missing them.
3) Really try to stick to a no contact rule. Every time you communicate with them you are making yourself feel better in the short term but making it harder for yourself long-term.
4) Say yes to your friends and family when they invite you out. you might want to wallow all day and night and by all means do that for a little bit bit then say yes and go out! Do productive things. Do things that will rebuild your confidence.
5) talk to someone. Not just a friend or family member because they will just try to make you feel better but won’t really know what to say. Talk to someone who can help guide and support you through the breakup process.
If you are going through a breakup or are asking yourself ‘why do I miss my ex so much?’ , reach out for your first free telephone chat now!